Halloween is the day when we can indulge our fantasies and be who and what we want to be for just that one day. Kids can be the kind of person they hope to grow up to be – a police officer, a fire fighter, or an astronaut. They can also fight their fears or just have fun being scary by dressing up as a soul taker or a zombie hunter. And they can pretend to be a character in one of their favorite movies like a Star Wars Storm Trooper or a Ghost Buster.
1. The Star Wars movies captured the imagination of people of all ages all around the world. It is the classic story of the battle between good and evil. In spite of overwhelming odds, good always triumphs over evil in the Star Wars Movies. Many kids like to dress up as one of the characters in the films, but dressing up as one of the bad guys isn’t a sign your child wants to grow up to be a bad guy. Halloween is, after all, a day for ghosts and goblins and other scary creatures, so wanting to be a Storm Trooper is just part of wanting to be scary. Besides, Storm Trooper uniforms are just cool!
2. The soul taker is something like the Grim Reaper, but with a different name. Some kids want to dress up as the scariest creature they can think of, and few characters are scarier than the creature who comes for souls! Don’t be surprised if your child who is sometimes afraid of the dark wants to be a Soul Taker. Dressing up as a scary being can help a child manage his or her fears…at least for one night!
3. Some kids like to help others and they know that one way to do that is to become a police officer. In spite of what we hear and see on the news, most police officers do their best to ensure that our communities are safe. They risk their own lives to save others, and many put their lives on the line daily. Gifted children are often concerned with right and wrong and have high moral and ethical standards. Pretending to be a police officer on Halloween is perfect for them.
4. Many gifted kids are downright obsessed with outer space. They love learning about our solar system and its planets as well as our galaxy -and all the other galaxies out there. They’re fascinated by black holes and quasars and everything else to be found in all the galaxies. They gaze up at the sky and long to travel in space. What could be more perfect for them than to be an astronaut for Halloween?
5. What will kids do during a zombie apocalypse? Why be a zombie hunter, of course! Some kids will dress up as zombies, hoping to scare people. But other kids will cast themselves in the role of the brave zombie hunter, the one who doesn’t run from zombies, but seeks them out to destroy them – and by doing so saves those threatened by those evil zombies!
6. The original Ghostbusters movie is a fun and funny approach to the concept of ghosts and ghost hunters. While some kids will dress up as ghosts, some will prefer to be the ghost hunter, complete with the all the ghost hunting paraphernalia. Got ghosts? Who you gonna call? Ghostbusters!
7. This is another great costume for kids who want to be someone who wants to help others. Being a firefighter requires courage. It’s not easy to go inside burning buildings to rescue those trapped inside. Even when the job doesn’t require that a firefighter go inside a burning building, he or she still has to brave the flames to save a building. Putting out a fire in one building might also save part of that building, but even when it doesn’t, it will save surrounding buildings. Kids who dream of helping others might like being a fire fighter on Halloween.
http://giftsforlearning.com/wp/1496-2/Carol BainbridgeHolidaysHalloween,October Holidays
Halloween is the day when we can indulge our fantasies and be who and what we want to be for just that one day. Kids can be the kind of person they hope to grow up to be - a police officer, a fire fighter, or an astronaut. They...
Carol BainbridgeCarolBainbridgegiftedkidsguide@gmail.comAdministratorGifts for Learning